West 87th Street, 4R, NY New York 10024 (C) 917-318-7232
Davidnonemotta@gmail.com / Davidmotta@davidmotta.com
- Distinguished corporate career as an entrepreneurial
- Known for ability to penetrate new markets, produce multimillion-dollar
sales results and grow market share and profitability.
- Expert in the development, marketing,
operations, revitalization and profitable leadership of leading edge technology companies and ventures
- Top record of performance in quick territory penetration, general
business management, sales / marketing management and technical management within nationwide markets, including NY,LA,
Boston, DC, & Chicago.
- Consistently proven able to hit the ground running, inspiring
others and producing exceptional results within a short period of time.
/ Director of Sales 04/08- 02/10
Sulekha.com / Start-up / US Liaison
Vice President Sales & Business Development
- Responsible for the development of
relationships between MNC's (multi-national corporations), advertising agencies, and business throughout the US and the
- Charged with the development and opening of offices throughout the US including NY, LA,
Chicago, Atlanta, DC, San Francisco, which includes complete staffing and budgeting with an emphasis on new business
and long term projections for all offices.
Inc / Start-up
Director of Sales, East / New York, NY (Start-up downsized)
- Relationships include Carat, McCann, Wieden & Kennedy, OMD, MediaVest, Mediaedge CIA,
Medacom/G2, Beyond, Zenith and many more.
- Accounts include Army, McDonalds, Coke, Universal &
More. Player, Coach.
- Manage all aspects of the sales function including the development of new and incremental
business, seeking new clients, determining needs, and proposing appropriate programs.
- Oversaw annual revenues
of excess of $7,000,000. Generated new business of over $700,000 in first three months.
Executive Sales Management 05/01-
Viamedia / 32 Markets / New York, NY (2004-2008)
Sales Manager and Local Sales Manager)
- Supervise, motivate, and coached five teams of four
to six Account Executives each for 32 markets including: Chicago Boston, DC, and San Francisco.
- Sustain $1,000,000+ list.
- Strategized, developed and helped implement processes to maximize and increase revenue streams
by 9 million.
- Played role of Sr. Account Executive,
LSM, NSM and then GSM.
- Grew office from 4
people including self to three local offices with over 30 employees
Radio (2003-2004 / Format Change)
WHFS / Washington, DC
of New Business Development & New Technology Marketing / Senior Account Executive
- Managed and maintained 1.2 million dollar list.
- Helped to monetize WHFS.com (internet property).
- Developed web pricing and sales strategy for the monetization of the internet property.
- Developed $175,000 in new business in first 6 months.
IDT Media - WMET-AM Radio (2002-2003 / Start-up Closed)
WMET-AM / Washington, DC
Director of New Business Development / Senior Account
- Generated and managed new business.
- Maintain and increase current account billing by 300%.
- $110,000 of new business in first 3 months.
Clear Channel Communication (2001-2002 / Format Change)
Jamming 105.1 - NY Cluster / New York, NY
for agency and new business accounts for five-station cluster including Jammin 105.1, Light FM, Z100, 104.3 KTU
- Internet liaison to help sales people
- Helped to monetize internet properties
Cox Communications 11/93-05/01
Cox / KTVU-TV KICU-TV/ San Francisco, CA
- Senior Account Executive
- Liaison between
all advertising agencies in San Francisco and independent affiliate, KICU-TV.
- Responsible for 3+ million dollar account list. Finished 143% above budget in a market that
was 34% down for Q1 and Q2 2000.
/ Telerep, Inc / San Francisco, CA
- Senior Account Executive
- Managed multi-million dollar account
list including General Motors in multiple markets throughout the U.S. 2000 Salesman of the year, KWGN-Denver /
Cox / Telerep, Inc.
/ New York, NY
11/93-7/96 - Account Executive
- Liaison between advertising agencies and
120-television stations nation wide.
KEDJ-FM, KHOT-FM / Phoenix, AZ
07/96-04/98 - Consultant Sales - Account Executive
- Worked as a marketing consultant with
advertising agencies and local businesses throughout the Phoenix area.
- Produced "That Damn Show" rock concert attended By 30,000+ listeners
Yale School of Management - University of New Haven / 5 Year Joint Program (MBA)
1992 to 1993
/ Masters of Business Administration 3.8 GP
University of New Haven /
New Haven, CT
Concentration of Business Policy and Strategy / BA Business &
1989 to 1992 / Bachelors of Arts, Bachelors of Business, Bachelors of Sociology
major of Sociology and Business
- Elected President of student body, which financed senior year.
- Featured in Who's Who in American Colleges.
- Speaker at 1992 UNH Graduation.
- 1992 UNH Man
of the Year.
Extramural Activities / Professional Skills
Volunteers of America
- Assist in the
garnering of employment for qualified individuals who were previously homeless and unemployed.
- Speak at seminars regarding business and the media.
Voices Among Us
Producer / Business Manager
- Help in the production and general business affairs of a developing television pilot.
Sr. VP Marketing Director
- Develop and implement all marketing concepts for
off-Broadway operatic musical.
Operation Adelmo (Off-Broadway one-man operatic/vaudeville musical)
VP Sales, Marketing and Community outreach
- Developed PR
- All sales and Marketing for.
Chamber of Commerce
Member / Speaker
to speak for business and strategy seminars.
- General member.
Professional Skills: Member, NY Chamber of Commerce. Showcase speaker for Groit's Roll Film Production 2nd
annul networking seminar. Proficient in Microsoft applications including Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, Office,
and Outlook. Served as Internet Liaison for Jammin 105.1. Adept at multimedia applications counting Comscore, AdData, Google Analytics, Tapscan, Maximizer, Media Audit and Qualitap